This week was tough, because in addition to all of the topsy-turvy movement, I decided the bottom portion of my ballot was a little unfair. Cincinnati, Louisiana Tech, Texas A&M and Boise State all make their appearances in place of the dropouts. As always, I'm more than open as to discussion of how to slot those teams (or if I missed any other teams that should be in our Top 25).
As for the upper portion of this week's ballot, the top 10 gets shaken up as West Virginia, South Carolina, Clemson and Florida all rise thanks to losses by Florida State, LSU and Georgia. As for those three, I was conflicted as to how far to drop them. That's another thing I'd like to discuss before making revisions.
Other things I was tempted to do but couldn't yet warrant:
- Moving Ohio State up after the 63-38 dismantling of Nebraska.
- Dropping Michigan St. potentially off my ballot. That might seem a far cry from the No. 18 spot I have them in, but I do think they are better than the teams I have below them.
- Oregon St. - how good are the Beavers? I'm tempted to keep moving them up every week.
- After Alabama and Oregon, I'm willing to play around with the rest of the Top 5. I was very high on Florida St. before this weekend.
- Should I have Kansas St. higher? That's one of the changes I'm definitely considering.