First off: this is the closest thing to an open thread, or dare I say a game thread, that we've had since basketball season. It's the first football-related one since the Rose Bowl, obviously, so football must once again be close. Hoorah.
Today's pertinent details in quick-hit form:
- It all begins with Northwestern's Pat Fitzgerald at 10 a.m. CT. From there, coaches will trickle onto the podium throughout the day. Gary Andersen will speak at 10:30. Presumably, each coach only gets 15 minutes. For some (read: Urban Meyer), that'll be more than enough. Others might just feel like churning out more than 15 minutes of coachspeak. Also, Jim Delany speaks at 2:15 p.m. He'll probably be up there a while. Here's the full schedule for both days.
- Here is SB Nation's Storystream for Big Ten Media Days coverage. It will be your top place to go for news, reaction and some snark, guaranteed.
- Among the good pieces in there already: Rodger Sherman lays out the top storylines entering the event. Wisconsin's, naturally, is whether Andersen can make a good first impression.
- How to watch the whole shebang: On BTN and ESPNU, as always. BTN2Go will also be airing the event online and on your mobile devices.
- How to react to the whole shebang: In the comments below in true open thread fashion (same rules as always: be nice, limit the size of your .GIFs/images, etc.), and also in this widget below, which features SB Nation's men on the ground -- including our own Scott Wisniewski.