On Tuesday, Indiana guard Victor Oladipo became the first Big Ten player to officially declare for the NBA Draft, forgoing his senior season at Indiana. The move doesn't come as a surprise, considering most are projecting Oladipo to be a lottery pick in the upcoming draft.
Again, Oladipo is just the first of multiple Big Ten stars facing the tough decision of whether to return to the college game or move on to the next level. As every year goes, the conference will look drastically different with the loss of many of its big names. With Oladipo already gone and Michigan point guard Trey Burke good as gone, the Big Ten will be losing arguably its best two players. But that's the nature of the game, it's to be expected. It will certainly be exciting to witness all the young guns and highly regarded freshmen crash the Big Ten scene next fall, but it's unfortunate we won't get the chance to see these same formidable Indiana and Michigan squads again -- and not just because Wisconsin went 4-0 against them last season.
With the ineveitable change in the landscape of the conference, here's a look at other key players graduating or potentially leaving for the NBA:
Indications on whether a player is coming back for leaving for NBA are based primarily on research of expert opinions.
- Victor Oladipo -- Already declared for NBA
- Cody Zeller -- Expected to announce decision to leave for NBA at 4 p.m. CT today
- Christian Watford -- Graduation
- Jordan Hulls -- Graduation
- Trey Burke -- Almost certainly will declare for Draft
- Glenn Robinson III -- Tough to say. Could use another year, but his draft stock is still very high.
- Tim Hardaway Jr -- This is another toss-up, but I'd lean toward saying he leaves for NBA. Some reports already stated this, but they were later shot down.
- Mitch McGary -- Most likely returning to Michigan
- Derrick Nix -- Graduation
- Adreian Payne — Most likely returning to Michigan State
- Gary Harris — Mostly likely returning to Michigan State
See where a handful of experts project Wisconsin's men's basketball team to be ranked at the start of next season.
Why Victor Oladipo leaving for the NBA is the right move and comes as no surprise.
Due to weather, the second of two Wisconsin football practices open to fans is being moved from Friday to Monday.
BTN's early look at the new power rankings for next the season in Big Ten basketball.
The UW women's softball team STILL hasn't played a home game this season. The team was washed out of its home opener on Tuesday afternoon.