Game Day Vitals:
- Minnesota Golden Gophers (4-2, 0-2 Big Ten) vs. Wisconsin Badgers (5-2, 2-1 Big Ten)
- Camp Randall Stadium (Capacity: 80,321), Sat, Oct. 20, 11:00 a.m CT
- TV: ESPNU/WatchESPN
- Tickets:B5Q's TiqIQ Store
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minn.GopherSports.com
- Opponent SB Nation blog: The Daily Gopher
- Returning Starters: 9 (4 offense, 5 defense)
- Leading passer: Sophomore QB Max Shortell -- 60-for-105 (57.1 percent), 791 yards, 6 TD, 4 INT
- Leading rusher: Sophomore RB Donnell Kirkwood -- 111 carries, 467 yards (4.2 per carry), 3 TD
- Leading receiver: Junior WR A.J. Barker -- 22 receptions, 406 yards (18.5 per reception), 4 TD
- Leading tackler: Sophomore DB Derrick Wells -- 37 tackles, (1.5 for loss), 2 INT
- Leading sacker: Senior DE D.L. Wilhite -- 4.5 sacks (29 yards), 15 tackles (6.5 for loss)
- Last week: 21-13 loss to Northwestern. MarQueis Gray returned after missing the previous two games, but also threw an interception and reinjured his knee late in the third quarter. Northwestern's defense survived a last-ditch effort from Minnesota, stuffing the Gophers' at the Wildcats' 6-yard line. Of the 275 yards Minnesota allowed to Northwestern, 208 came on the ground.
- Biggest win: Week 1 at UNLV, 30 -27 3OT. The final result wasn't pretty, but especially with how Minnesota's season now teeters on the brink of falling apart, this triple-overtime win in the season-opener keeps them a little bit closer to bowl eligibility that once seemed near certain.
- Biggest loss: Week 7 vs. Northwestern, 21-13. One loss on the road to Iowa is manageable, but following it up with a home loss to the Wildcats one week later is difficult to overcome.
- Outlook: Minnesota has three difficult road games remaining, beginning this week at Wisconsin. Even among their home games, Minnesota likely will only be favored against Purdue. The Gophers only need two more wins for bowl eligbility, though it's fair to wonder where else one will come besides the Purdue game.
|Thu, Aug. 20||@ UNLV||W 30-27, 3OT||1-0|
|Sat, Sept. 8||New Hampshire||W 44-7||2-0|
|Sat, Sept. 15||Western Michigan||W 28-23||3-0|
|Sat, Sept. 22||Syracuse||W 17-10||4-0|
|Sat, Sept. 29||@ Iowa||L 31-13||4-1 (0-1)|
|Sat, Oct. 13||Northwestern||L 21-13||4-2 (0-2)|
|Sat, Oct. 20||@ Wisconsin||11:00 PM CT|
|Sat, Oct. 27||Purdue||2:30 PM CT|
|Sat, Nov. 3||Michigan||TBD|
|Sat, Nov. 10||@ Illinois||TBD|
|Sat, Nov. 17||@ Nebraska||TBD|
|Sat, Nov. 24||Michigan State||TBD|