Since we started Bucky's YouTube Series I have received a number of e-mails from members wondering how to post a video as a FanShot.
It looks a little confusing, but it's actually really easy and only takes a minute or two.
Here's a step-by-step how-to guide:
- First, go to Buckys5thQuarter.com and click on "New FanShot" in the upper left column of the page.
When the page first comes up, "Image" will be highlighted. Click on "Video". The box will then look exactly like it does in the picture above.
2. Open a new page, go to YouTube and find the video you want to post. To the right of the video there is a box that allows you to customize your video and copy the "embed" code. It looks like this:
To see all the options you have to click on the star next to the embed code. That will bring down the options you see in the picture above. You have the ability to personalize it anyway you want, but usually I click on "Show Border" and pick the red border. Your videos should always be 445x364. They look best on SBNation at that size.
3. After you select your options, copy the code next to "Embed."
4. Go back to the "New FanShot" page and paste that code into the "HTML Embed" box. Then add a description in the "Description" box.
5. On the right side of the page you can add tags. Ideally you should do this. Just type in relevant words such as "Wisconsin Badgers" or any other words that describe the video (i.e. players, coaches, teams, sport, e.t.c).
6. Click "Publish". Your video should now be listed on FanShots!