First off, we at Bucky's 5th Quarter want to make it clear that we side with the majority of the UW population that thinks MTV's "College Life" is the most craptacular show on television. But we also admit that as former UW students, we feel like we have some kind of duty to watch the show just to keep MTV honest (which the network is failing miserably to do).
J.J. Watt's appearance on "College Life" last night was hardly a big deal. I think he cared more about "the conversation" than anyone else did. To be honest, I had completely forgot about it until I perused his Facebook wall. Watt seems like a good guy and he probably just got manipulated by MTV like most of the cast has thus far.
(These are the things we worry about in the offseason.)
Now, back to the reasons why I usually watch sports 24/7 and didn't even know what channel MTV was until "College Life" premiered:
- How about some good news for Watt? This happened Friday night, but Watt and junior safety Chris Maragos were awarded scholarships by Bret Bielema. Both figure to be starters in the fall.
- There was a rumor going around that Chris Fowler and Lee Corso were being replaced by Karl Ravech and Lou Holtz on ESPN College Gameday next season. ESPN confirmed that these rumors were untrue, however.
- If you haven't seen the Twitter war between Minnesota head coach Tim Brewster and a Minnesota columnist, check it out.
- You can watch tonight's UW Men's Basketball 2009 NCAA Tournament Reception live on UWBadgers.com at 6:15 p.m.
- Finally, the video will be up soon in our Bucky's YouTube Series, but two former UW hockey teammates mixed it up pretty bad last night in Calgary. Suspensions could follow.