If you missed it last night, Devin Harris made an incredible half-court shot at the buzzer to beat Philadelphia 98-96 in East Rutherford, N.J.
The refs originally called it no good, but after reviewing the shot they said it counted. It certainly was close, but in the end they made the right call.
Here's the video:
- It looks like pro hockey is returning to Madison. According to this web site, Twin Lakes Hockey Partners, LLC, is in negotiations with several professional hockey leagues and Madison hockey venues in an effort to bring the sport back to town by the 2009-10 season. "There is no doubt, PROFESSIONAL HOCKEY IS RETURNING TO MADISON," the site says. We'll have more on this later in the day.
- Tom Mulhern of the Wisconsin State Journal says it's hard to believe the Big Ten will make a move to play nine conference games.
- Not surprisingly, Mike Eaves is making some line changes after last weekend's crushing sweep at the hands of the Denver Pioneers.
- Here's a look at Wisconsin's NCAA Tournament resume, courtesy of Basketball Slate. All those red boxes against the RPI Top 50...
- Finally here are this week's Big Ten Power Rankings on Badger Nation. As usual, you need a subscription, but here's my ballot.
|1. Michigan State||7. Michigan|
|2. Purdue||8. Iowa|
|3. Illinois||9. Ohio State|
|4. Wisconsin||10. Northwestern|
|5. Penn State||11. Indiana|